In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Durham Historical Society

Central Maine General Hospital, Lewiston, ca. 1910

Contributed by Durham Historical Society
MMN Item 15645 Item Details
Central Maine General Hospital, Lewiston, ca. 1910
MMN Item 15645 Zoom

Description

Central Maine General Hospital, which started in 1891 in two houses on Main Street in Lewiston, expanded in 1898 with the construction of the north wing shown in the postcard view.

The white building at left was part of the original hospital and was moved back from the street to make way for the new construction.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.